Monday, April 25, 2011

it all started when I dropped my laptop...a few months ago....

I dropped my laptop a few months ago. It was laying on the kitchen table, with the power cord snaked over to the electrical socket on the wall above the counter next to the table. I knew that if I wasn't careful, I would probably trip over the cord... well you get the picture. So I did trip over the cord and the laptop fell to the floor. Hubby and son watching TV yelled, "what happened"?  Of course, I yelled back, NOTHING!!! then quickly picked it up, opened it and turned it on. Whew. It worked. Closed a little funny, the casing on the left corner was missing a piece of plastic, but no worries! It worked. A month or so later, the mouse started to not follow directions. Uh Oh.  I finally took it in to the big box store where I bought it last week.  Of course I had purchased the accident warranty (because I know I'm a clutz) and they cheerfully accepted it and said, 2 to 3 weeks. What???? am I going to do.

My daughter happens to have a laptop that I purchased for her about 2 years ago. I bought it for her with the caveat that she would be required to load all of my 35mm slides from the 1970's onto the hard drive and then to a disk, which would be much easier to access and view than their current residence, an old circular slide projector carousel. So far she has done about 2 slides. So, I feel like I can ask her to loan it to me for a few weeks while my laptop is in the shop. She does have another laptop, a company one, and a blackberry so she can easily read emails and FB and post and stuff without the laptop. I am not the owner of a BB. Hate them.. The numbers and words are way to small for me to see and push. Makes me write gibberish.

Got my daughter's laptop on Friday. All good all weekend. Closed it up and put it on the counter on Sunday evening. Monday morning, opened it up, pushed the little tiny "on" button. Nothing. Tried it again. Nothing again. Left it alone, thinking maybe it needed time, tried it again. Nothing. OMG what should I tell my daughter? I did NOT drop it! Actually did nothing at all but close it! So, today, I am going back to the laptop repair place and asking them nicely for a rush job....hoping they will/can. I'm out of town next week, enrolling employees with their annual renewal enrollments at a school near Ft Worth, staying in a hotel with WiFi. I NEED a laptop so I can write, read, research etc.and stay in touch with everybody.

Oh how I have become so dependent on technology! I can't function without a daily dose. How did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment