Saturday, June 4, 2011

I'm too busy to be unemployed!

Not to be too distracted by the 2 rejects that I received from one publisher, for 2 very small articles, I decided to move on.
I spent the better part of 2 weeks in May enrolling teachers in their choice of insurance benefits for a broker friend of mine. I like doing this type of work; I'm not really selling but my expertise and knowledge of the benefits and the insurance business is greatly appreciated by the majority of the people with whom I sit with while explaining their options.
In between the 2 weeks that I was enrolling, I spent a week or so with a friend in Cuenca Ecuador. She and her hubby have listened to me talk on and on about Ecuador for almost 20 years and they decided that, maybe we should just up and sell the farm (literally) and go. They did, last winter, and love it there - no regrets. So I had to go, see them, check out the new pad, enjoy the gorgeous weather, flowers, food and good company -- and I had a blast. Wish my hubby went with me, too, but, somebody has to work...harder than me, anyway.
I'm working on finishing an assignment for the one publisher that I have actually been successful - and who has actually paid me!! but it's been a bit slow going as the articles are all about medical conditions and I have to do a lot of research to get it right.
Next, I have applied to no less than 3 other publishers to hopefully! be approved/hired/accepted to write for them. I can't live on the one assignment about every month and a half that I do receive currently.
I had plans to re-arrange the "office/guest room/bicycle stuff room" to be my office, buy a new desk, throw out the junk I haven't used for years... For the last 2 years, my office has been the dining room table...and I believe that I like being able to look out the front window at my favorite tree, be close to the fridge for snacks, and put my feet up on one of the other chairs. Here's a pic of my new Sony Vaio laptop on my messy "desk"!

No comments:

Post a Comment