Friday, June 17, 2011

Making money with blogs

Yesterday I signed up for Google ads....I'd already signed up for Adsense previously...in hopes that somehow I would be able to make a few $$ from writing something that somebody might like to read. Next I posted my blog address on my Facebook page and asked all my friends to click to the site and please to click on the ads.


Today, I checked the site stats and Voila!! So far, in 2 days, I've made a total of $5.26 !! How exciting! Now, if I make about $2.60 every day, that's, hmm...less than a hundred dollars a month. Not too shabby for my first attempt, but I believe I need to get serious about this if I'm planning on being able to live off of writing.

When I signed up for the ads, I applied to a number of ads that Google prompted to my site after I selected a few of my "interests". I immediately got 2 "acceptances" and a few other "pending" notices. Later, I received "declined" notices from all the rest of my choices. I've found that Blogspot and Adsense only allow 3 ads to appear on the blog. I searched around in the "setup" of the site, and found that I had previously set up 3 Adsense spots. Adsense spots are a rolling list of anywhere from 3 to 7 click-thru ads.  This prompted me to try to remove 2, but I was only successful in figuring out how to remove 1, leaving me with 2 Adsense ads and only 1 of the selected ads that I had uploaded to my blog. Why? remember, you can only have 2. So, I will have to rotate the ads, see how they work.

I also have a blog on Wordpress. Wordpress is much easier to manipulate, writing and design wise, but I haven't yet figured out how to monetize my Wordpress blog. I'm not even sure that it allows for paid ads. That's my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment