Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Monetizing" the blog....I'm not really sure I know what I'm doing?

And will this actually produce any money?

To date, I have learned the following about monetizing a blog:
1) Adsense will override any other ads that I've signed up with and are approved for on my blog;
2) Blogspot will only allow 3 ads to be viewed on your blog; so, if Adsense is set for 2 spots, you can only have one other money producing ad.
3) If all my 277 friends on FB click through just once on an ad, I may make about...$2.77...or less, if not enough people click through.
4) most ads state that if 100 click thru's happen, you get $xx.xx payment. Somehow I have not figured out how Adsense will pay, nor how much they will pay. I'm still learning.
5) whoever writes the "help" pages and the instructions on blogs and blog ads must be much more technology savvy than the average user.  IMHO, I am more knowledgeable than many, but there's a lot in there that is as bad as learning Chinese. Oh, wait, maybe someone in China wrote it and then google translated it?

Meanwhile, I should be writing on my contract job, but writing about Alzheimer's is so much less fun than figuring out stuff on blogging and how to get paid for it.

I better get back to my real writing job.

No comments:

Post a Comment